Thursday, November 12, 2009

seMissourian.com: Story: Mr. Obama: I'm calling you out

seMissourian.com: Story: Mr. Obama: I'm calling you out:

The new era of government control over our lives and freedoms has begun. This week, it got personal, and I felt helpless.

The doctor overseeing my health care advised me to get an H1N1 flu shot. I've been under a six-year treatment program for a chronic infection, plus I have heart and lung problems. Therefore, I am considered a high risk. Fortunately, my doctor had three shots available, but I would have to get approval from my county health department. Much to my surprise, the woman at the health department apologized and told me that even though I was a senior citizen at high risk, the health department had been instructed to approve shots only for children and pregnant mothers. I asked when a shot for my situation might be available. 'We really don't know. Check back with us sometime in December.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment