Monday, February 22, 2010

Saturday Night Beck - Bill Bennett - The Corner on National Review Online

I love Bill Bennett - however I think Glenn IS right. Which is why the Tea Party movement has gained traction! Of course there is a huge difference between the philosophical beliefs of the parties...but the Republican's are just not showing me and others they remember what they are!

Saturday Night Beck - Bill Bennett - The Corner on National Review Online:

There’s a lot to say about CPAC. This morning the major papers are highlighting Glenn Beck’s speech. I like Glenn a lot and I think he has something to teach us. But not what he offered last night.

Analogizing his own struggles with alcohol to the problems of our polity and in our politics, he said, “Hello, my name is the Republican party, and I have a problem!” “I’m addicted to spending and big government.” ”It is still morning in America.” ”It just happens to be kind of a head-pounding, hung-over, vomiting-for-four-hours kind of morning in America. And it’s shaping up to be kind of a nasty day. But it is still morning in America.” And, again, “I believe in redemption, but the first step to getting redemption is you’ve got to admit that you’ve got a problem. I have not heard people in the Republican party yet admit that they have a problem.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment