Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Thinker: Anatomy of a Racial Smear

This had me worried from the get-go. I have been to several Tea Party events with large - HAPPY - POLITE crowds filled with Family's, kids, grandparents and just regular folk. I have seen the anger and frustration...but I have never seen what the Drive By Media ALWAYS sights when discussing a Tea Party gathering. I always put this down to they ( Liberals ) have no ability to argue their stance in the arena of ideas...so they just try and discredit the opposition through ridiculous allegations.
That being said.....any gathering of disparate individuals is more than likely going to bring out the Moonbats....lets face it - there are "Bats" on BOTH sides of the aisle. Hell, I own a small company of 9 people give or take. On any week I can name at least two of our employees who act like idiots. Out of character....yet they do. It's human nature.
That being said...I also wondered if - IF - this indeed took place, and it it rude and offensive on any level....who's to say they even belonged to the Tea Party? The other side is much better at playing dirty politics.....who's to say they weren't plants? Move-On.Org ring any faint bells? It seemed odd to me when I watched Nancy Pelosi and several political officials walking arm in arm through the crowd. Deliberately through the crowd they KNEW was hostile to their Bill, their vote. I knew right then it was an in your face moment...but why do it? Why that that "chance"? Perhaps because the scene was already set? I'm just throwing it out there....
They can be an arrogant bunch...but this seemed too weird - even for Pelosi. Perhaps they are far better at the ambush than we are. And I hope, if this is indeed the case...we never stoop to that level.
I printed that picture of "Nancy with the Laughing Gavel" and have it framed on my desk.....it gives me the strength and courage of my convictions every day to keep pushing back with what I KNOW to be right.
Perhaps that "staged ( I'm just sayin'...!? ) moment was just an "In Your Face America" moment ( though something tells me it wasn't )...and if that is so....then that image will too one day be mine.....

American Thinker: Anatomy of a Racial Smear:

For the last year, the media have been desperately trying to hang the 'racist' tag around the Tea Party movement as a way to discredit it. This past weekend, they would seem to have finally succeeded.

The McClatchy newspaper chain whose slogan is 'truth to power' launched an opening salvo on Saturday, March 20 with the inflammatory headline -- its exact words -- 'Tea party protesters scream 'nigger' at black congressman.' That is 'protestors' in the plural who 'scream' a racial epithet, 'nigger,' at a particular 'congressman.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment