Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Common Sense: A matter of conscience ....

I'm a lapsed Catholic....I'm not sure "who" God is....but I know he exists. I couldn't look into my grand kids faces without knowing this. Conscience does matter. This is just the tip of the iceberg. If we don't draw our line in the sand NOW, we'll soon suffer the same fate as the Titanic.

During World War II, the War Department and the Department of the Navy urged -- the operative word is "urged," not "ordered," mind you -- U.S. military chaplains to encourage soldiers, sailors, airmen, guardsmen and Marines that God was on our side in the global battle against fascists, Nazis and the godless heathens running rampant across Asia and the Pacific. The hymns "Onward, Christian Soldiers" and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" were sung with fervor at chapel services regardless of denomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment