Monday, May 04, 2009

Shorenstein offers tips on coping with economy

"The following is an edited transcript of San Francisco real estate developer Walter H. Shorenstein's contribution to a project conducted by UC Berkeley's Bancroft Library Regional Oral History Office. Shorenstein, 94, is the founder of Shorenstein Properties LLC, one of the nation's largest privately owned real estate companies.

After serving in World War II, I arrived in San Francisco with no job, a pregnant wife and less than $1,000 to my name.
I've lived through the Great Depression and several wars, and I've ridden the ups and downs of economic and real estate cycles. Now in my 10th decade, I've seen things and learned lessons that apply to individuals and families, small businesses and multinational corporations, as well as state and federal governments - especially now, as people struggle to make sense of the current financial upheaval. I don't mean to be preachy - I simply want to share some of what I've learned.

Read more: Shorenstein offers tips on coping with economy:

No comments:

Post a Comment