Thursday, August 20, 2009

Doug Casey - The must read libertarian quote of the month... maybe the year

Doug Casey - The must read libertarian quote of the month... maybe the year:

I've often quoted and commented on H.L. Mencken here over the years. In my view, the man is a hero and a genius. But I've never referenced Murray Rothbard, who's certainly in the same class.

His words below, where he's speaking about Mencken, resonated with me as I contemplated whether to go to New Orleans this year for a debate with Howard Dean and Karl Rove (more on that event here). It may resonate with you as well:

"Any man who is an individualist and a libertarian in this day and age has a difficult row to hoe. He finds himself in a world marked, if not dominated, by folly, fraud, and tyranny. He has, if he is a reflecting man, three possible courses of action open to him..."
Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment