Monday, December 19, 2011

Conceal carry permit applications swamp state agency....

I am a gun owner....I treasure my Permit as 99.9% of the law abiding permit holding citizens do. I have a great respect for the power of the firearm.....we aren't the yahoo's breaking the laws....right now I'd check out Eric Holder.......

In less than six weeks, 56,000 people applied for a permit under Wisconsin's new concealed carry law and thousands more bought handguns, swamping the state agency handling the required background checks.

The applicants so far amount to about 1% of the state's population, and very few of them have been rejected for a permit. The number of state background checks for handgun purchases is also up more than 50% for the year - another sign of the large numbers of people taking advantage of the new concealed carry law.

No comments:

Post a Comment