Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God and guns | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

God and guns | The Daily Caller:

I was at a town hall meeting back in Texas recently and a local man came up to me afterwards to talk about his concerns over where our country was headed, something to do with a fiery inferno and a hand basket. As he was talking to me, I noticed his t-shirt: “I love my Bible,” with a picture of the Book; and “I love my guns,” with a picture of two Colt 45s. Naturally they were in the right order; after all he was the local preacher.

The most important right we have as Americans is the freedom of speech, and that includes the freedom of religion. It is first because without it, none of the rest would be possible. The right to bear arms is second because without it, we could not protect the first."

No comments:

Post a Comment