Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The American Spectator : A Religious Test for Rand Paul

I am not an overly religious person. However....enough.
I had no problem with GWB when he invoked God.
"In God We Trust"....yes, I think it's not such a bad place to put one's faith and trust.
Our Founding Fathers had no problem with it...and they didn't do so bad...?
I cannot for the life of me understand why we do.
And then, have the timidity to wonder why everything is so divisive?!

The American Spectator : A Religious Test for Rand Paul:

There's a double standard when it comes to religion and politics. Many people who claim to want the former out of the latter really only object to conservative religion advancing conservative politics. They have no problem with liberal Democrats who invoke Jesus Christ, quote Scripture, are members of the clergy or even, in a pinch, oppose same-sex marriage."

No comments:

Post a Comment