Friday, November 26, 2010

Al Simpson speaks out against debt committee critics, political climate

Ya know.....GROW UP everyone....I figure to SURVIVE I'm going to die at my desk. That's it. I cashed in my retirement to survive last year. There is nothing left. If I'm given the GIFT to keep working and standing on my own two feet - amen. STOP YOUR WHINING! Not to say I agree with the Debt Commission...but JC.....I want to be my own person...not wait for alms from the government!

But as the co-chair of President Obama's debt commission, the Wyoming Republican said he's been taking an unprecedented amount of flak for the commission's draft proposals to help erase the nation's $13.8 trillion debt.

'I've never had any nastier mail or [been in a] more difficult position in my life,' said the 79-year-old Simpson. 'Just vicious. People I've known, relatives [saying], ''You son of a bitch. How could you do this?''

Not surprisingly, many of the debt commission's draft proposals to cut the debt by nearly $4 trillion by 2020 -- from raising the retirement age to 69 by 2075 to bringing in $1 trillion more in tax revenue -- have won strong opposition from liberals and conservatives alike."

No comments:

Post a Comment