Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Obama: "If you've got a business - you didn't build that".......

Of all the things I find most vile this election cycle....it's this notion being put forth by our own President and Elizabeth Warren - running against Scott Brown in Massachusetts.
I'm sitting here in an Office who's AC conked out several weeks ago. It's 8:00 AM and the temp. is already 80 degrees. I have my computer cabinets open and cheap dime store fans trying to cool them down....
My hands are sweating so much every piece of paperwork sticks to me....
So...I'm waiting for the "Help"...ya know....all those people and entities that got me here.....
Do any of them have a used AC I could HAVE. After all...I didn't do any of this myself......I'm too stupid.
We stand on the edge of a financial cliff daily.....hanging on by a thread as we have for almost 4 years now...
We have no health insurance and pray an illness doesn't take what little we have left....
I'm still waiting....where's all that HELP we're supposed to have?
You disparage business because you've never "worked" a day in your life.
You wouldn't know fear of massive failure if it bit you in the ass.
You have no idea what week after week of not sleeping feels like....the worry...
This is what motivates me to try and keep you BOTH from Office again....
The election booth and November can't come fast enough.


If you need a reminder about what's at stake in this presidential election - about the two vastly different views of government that are being presented by the candidates - check out what President Obama said at a campaign event in Virginia on Saturday.

Echoing Elizabeth Warren ("there is nobody in this country who got rich on his own"), President Obama tells those who have been successful that "you didn't get there on your own." He also says "if you've got a business - you didn't build that." I think it will be news to the millions of small business owners in this country that they didn't actually create their business, "somebody else made that happen."

President Obama also dismisses the idea that you might have been successful because you were smart or worked hard. Irrelevant! Lots of smart, hardworking people don't succeed, therefore you only did so because someone helped you. Interestingly, Obama offers a teacher as an example of someone who might have helped you, seemingly contradicting his assertion that intelligence has nothing to do with economic achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment