Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Waxman--Markey Global Warming Bill: Is the Economic Pain Justified by the Environmental Gain?

The Waxman--Markey Global Warming Bill: Is the Economic Pain Justified by the Environmental Gain?:

My name is Ben Lieberman and I'm the Senior Policy Analyst for Energy and Environment at The Heritage Foundation. I'll be discussing the economics of global warming policy and especially the cost of the Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade bill currently working its way through the House of Representatives. I'll focus on the Heritage Foundation's economic analysis of that bill. But before I do that, I wanted to set out a framework with which to judge Waxman-Markey or any other measure offered up as a solution to the global warming problem -- a set of questions that need to be answered before we enact any global warming measures, especially costly ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment