Wednesday, September 05, 2012

DNC ad touches the Unholy Grail of anti-Constitutional thought.....

I heard this line on the news while I scrambled to get to my Plant...the one...ya know....that one "we didn't build".....and I stopped dead in my tracks.
If this doesn't encapsulate the difference in the two parties....nothing does.
I don't even know if I could call it the difference in the Parties, as much as a difference in our way of thinking. There are those of us who want the Government to GO AWAY....get out of my wallet....house, kitchen, car, cell phone, business, Church, sports arenas...
And then those who want that little government Tinkerbell floating around every move they make.
Pull yourself up by the boot strap mentality versus "Mother Russia" style all encompassing Big Brother....
Thomas Jefferson....yup...one of those "old pasty white guys" who wrote that pesky Constitution had so many great quotes....but I thought of this one this morning upon hearing the DNC beliefs laid bare last night...

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."

Amen.....

Woops...I forgot....while the DNC Convention goes on - God goes out.......


The punch line is: "The government is the only thing we all belong to." (Forget about ending a sentence with a preposition.)

The degree to which that one simple sentence stands the U.S. Constitution on its head should take our breath away.

We, the people, do not belong to the government. The government belongs to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment