Thursday, September 06, 2012

Paul Ryan Supports Prayer in Public Schools....

When I was younger - I attended first Catholic School - then public.
I remember ( 45 years ago ) kids voluntarily NOT saying the morning prayers and also not saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
I did not agree even at that age...but respected their right. I do again today.
But even though I am a totally lapsed Catholic with no intention of returning there....I believe one of the things missing in this Country's soul is the presence of God in our lives.... let the States decide.

The Wisconsin congressman addressed the issue during a brief stop inside a Republican volunteer center in Provo, Utah. He was in the state to attend a fundraiser.

Asked by a volunteer whether he supported giving states the right to allow “prayer or pledge” in schools, Ryan said he did.

“That’s a constitutional issue of the states, moral responsibility of parents, education,” Ryan continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment